VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
COOKING TIME : 8-10 Min.
PREPARATION : 5 Min.
FOR HOW MANY PERSON : 2-4
DIFFICULTY : Easy
3 small carrots
3 cloves of garlic
5 Brussels sprouts
1 handful of broccoli (with stems)
1 medium beetroot
2 handfuls of red lentils
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
Half a teaspoon of black pepper
3 handfuls of boiled chickpeas
If you want to enrich it further, add
1-2 sprigs of fresh or dried mint
1-2 sprigs of spring onions
* You don’t actually have to use all of these vegetables in this soup. With a few tips I will give you, you can make your own delicious vegetable soup with whatever vegetables you have at home. The more vegetables you use, the more beneficial it will be. You can increase or decrease the amount according to household members.
* Open the bottom of the pot and put 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in it. It will be enough to put enough to cover the bottom.
* The first tip is; Roast the vegetables for a few minutes. This way, the vegetables will release some of their sugar and will be tastier.
* Roughly chop 3 small carrots and add them. You can peel the carrot easily and without wasting it by rubbing the tip of the knife several times.
* Then add 1 beetroot and 5 Brussels sprouts by dividing them into 4 parts.
* Add 1 full handful of broccoli (about 4-5 flowers) by roughly dividing them together with their stems. Stir as you add the vegetables.
* The second tip is garlic and onion, which are indispensable for the flavor of the soup. Chop 1 onion into 8 parts, peel 3 cloves of garlic, crush a little with the side of the knife, add and mix.
* The third tip is red lentils. Wash and add 2 handfuls of red lentils to thicken the soup. You can add 1 potato to thicken the soup, or you can fry 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of butter in a separate place and add it, but I recommend you try it with lentils.
* If you are cooking in pressure cooker like me, add enough water half an inch below the level of the vegetables, if you are cooking in a normal pot, add enough water to pass 3 inches and close the lid.
* In a normal pot, reduce the heat when it boils and leave the lid ajar, and cook for 15 minutes in this state. This time may increase depending on the amount of vegetables.
* In pressure cooker, close the lid and set it to the high pressure setting. After the pressure builds up and the whistle turns off, take the bottom to the lowest and cook for 7-8 minutes. If it gets too high, you can turn the bottom off for a while it whistles and steam starts to leak. It will continue to cook under its own pressure.
* At the end, turn off the bottom and remove the pressure and open the lid.
* Add 1 flat teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of black pepper to the pot as we will sprinkle some of the salt and pepper on it at the end.
* Pulse with a hand blender until there are no grains left. If it is thick at this stage, you can add a little more hot water, although it is not preferred much.
* At this stage, you can add 1 tablespoon of cream or add 3 handfuls of boiled chickpeas and eat it like a main course.
* While drinking the soup, you can sprinkle mint, parsley or coriander leaves on top of it, as you wish. If you chop the fresh onion finely and put it, it will be very good. It could also be dried mint.
* Sprinkle some salt, pepper and chili peppers.
* You can whip the yogurt a little and put it on it randomly and squeeze a lemon for a little sourness. Vegetable Soup is ready!